’m sitting here with Peaky Blinders playing in the background thinking about what I want to share with you guys regarding life lessons in my 20’s. The 20’s were nothing like I expected. I often times feel like celebrities sell us this false narrative of what life is like when your young. I decided I want to share with the ladies out there how they can come out winning in their 20’s and make the most of such a vulnerable and uncharted time of life.
Here are my top 10 take away’s from my 20’s.
- Make lots of mistakes: Get comfortable with taking imperfect action.
- Be proud of yourself: Don’t wait for others to cheer you on and believe in you. Give yourself the permission to be proud of yourself.
- Network Network Network! You network will determine the level of success you will have. Meet lots of people and build with others where it’s a healthy mutual relationship.
- Be GRATEFUL for the good and bad that comes your way – gratitude ALWAYS wins!
- Bounce back quickly from setbacks
- If you hit the QUARTER LIFE CRISIS don’t be afraid to follow what your intuition Is telling you. You are destined for more. Don’t ignore it.
- INVEST in YOURSELF. You are your greatest asset. NO ONE will care more about you than you!
- Be Decisive and quick to course correct when need be. The faster you can make a decision the faster things get moving. Don’t get caught up in indecisiveness.
- Know what you want.
- Be Confident. Confidence is HUGE and if you don’t believe in yourself first you won’t be able to convince others to believe in you.
I hope that you find these tips very helpful as you build the life you love. Be proud of yourself and believe in yourself!